Dec 18, 2011

A Best friend's poem....... An ideal start!!



The following poem is not my creation... it's one written by one of my best buddies.. Anita.. Of course she has a very long way to go!! I was tagged in this poem in Facebook....
This is my first post in the blog and i just couldn't find a better start!! Luv u my dear aniiii.......

Happy reading........



1. Bonded For Life


( To all my friends, for their love, care, support and motivation........and all those 



cherished moments we spent together...)




They stood by my side through smiles

They stood by my side through pain

They stood by my side through fear

And never once asked for a gain.



They led me through the path of goodness

My mistakes they made me see

They cared not for the looks or money

But for the person I have in me.


They became a major part of my laughter

How lucky I am! they made me think

They shared with me moments most pleasant

Drawing sweet memories with permanent ink.


Together we discussed matters of the heart

Together we discovered the wrongs and rights

Together we build dreams and planned our future

Together we solved our silly fights.


And now the time to part has arrived

Each one having to go their own way

No matter where we go, we'll carry the bag of frienship

Holding this bond together, until our life's last day. 




2.  Will You Spare Me?



Tall and mighty I stand with my friends,

Trying to reach out and touch the sky.

I watch the clouds move free and happy,

They're always busy traveling, I wonder why.


I dance to the rhythm of the soothing wind,

Whose every touch raise my spirits high.

I'll grab the soil firm if the wind went wild,

And stand a natural roof for every passerby.


Overwhelmed with joy, I permit a little bird,

To build upon my hands her soft cozy nest.

I make a silent promise that during angry weather,

To protect her delicate one's, I'll always do my best.


Water gushes out through the doors of heaven,

As an instant reply to my call.

And sprays its coolness over the hills and plains,

Helping life to grow steady and tall.



I await with immense pride and patience,

As the sweet ones I bear grow day after day.

To satisfy the hunger of both men and beasts,

I readily though painful give them away.


I wonder with grief how long would it take,

Before I feel the cutter's axe piercing me.

With my existence restricted I just can't imagine,

What life on this earth would be.


To those who can think and work on their thoughts,

This is what I would like to say;


Spare me today and I shall prove to you

That tomorrow will be a much brighter day.


6 comments:

  1. I love you for the way you are... aniii(anita)!
    I admire your creativity!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MIND BLOWING Anii!!...n gr8 job Anuu:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks anokha... You are the first one to comment... and i just cant tell you how happy I am!!
    I'm waiting to see anii's comments as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anu..thanks a LOT for picking my poem and putting it on your blog..it means a lot to me..!! And I'm even more happier to see that you started a blog in the first place!!! its a great way to share with the world what you want to. I've joined and I'll keep track. Waiting to see lots and lots more coming up, including those WONDERFUL poems of yours!!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure anii...Thanxx alot...
    But now, I will have to go hunting for those poems I have written... Really don't know if i have it with me anymore....

    ReplyDelete